The delightful Nicki at Secret Library nominated me for this award (thankyou!) so I thought I’d give it a go…
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
Well colour me extremely flattered.
Here be the rules from Okoto Enigma :
1. Put the award logo/image in your post.
2. List all the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
4. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
5. Nominate 10-20 people and notify them
6. Link back to the creator of the award.
7. Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
8. Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
- I have a degree in Classical Archaeology and Ancient history specialising in the link between language, literacy and ritual in provincial magic (which sounds waaaay cooler than it is).
- I’m getting married in September to a ridiculously lovely and ridiculously tall video game developer (it’s great, I critique storylines in books and he does those in games)
- I own two particularly phenomenal hats, one is a grizzly bear and one is a purple giant squid.
I love a good old fashioned book review. It’s what I spend most of my time writing so it’s also what I love to read! I like seeing what other people think is important or noteworthy.
My favourite post of late… I loved reviewing Breakwater just because it led to a nice interaction with the author on Facebook which always warms my soul.
My answers to Nicki’s Questions:
Where in the world do you live?
I’m based currently in Oxford UK having not moved since going to uni (the dreaming spires take hold of you and it’s hard to make that move!)
If you could have a super power what would it be?
Power of flight, but with actual wings so I know what’s holding me up (has been my answer for 12 years now and I don’t think it’s likely to change.)
Which fictional world would you like to live in?
Ah these are great questions Nicki! There are so many worlds I might like to live in and then I remember that I’d probably just be some mundane peasant woman. I’ll have to go with the Harry Potter universe (but where I absolutely have magic).
Walk or cycle?
Walk, though in this city I think I need to re-learn how to ride a bike ASAP.
Why do you blog?
I started because I wanted a way of recording what I’d read and done this year, I kept going because I love the community and I enjoy doing something that is purely mine to manage.
Nominees for Mystery Blogger Award (but feel free to ignore if you don’t feel like doing it or if you’ve done it recently):
I don’t think I can name 10 people I want to do this…is it rule breaking if I find less?
Amanda @ Literary Weaponary
Justine @ I Should Read That
Rhia @ Rhia Reads
Shana @ Bionic Bookworm
Riana @ Fictional Worlds and Me
Kim @ Arkham Reviews
Ariana @ The Quirky Book Nerd
Mia @ The Cosy Reader
There’s eight bloggers all of whom are intensely inspirational (in my humble opinion). If any of you are feeling up to it (promise I won’t be offended if you’re not) here’s five quick questions…
- Would you rather have a hook for a hand or a wheel for a foot?
- What would you like to see more of in (well let’s say books but you could do films, music or any other media if you choose)?
- Dragons or unicorns? (there is a correct answer)
- Coolest person you’ve ever met?
- Favourite song (can be your current favourite if you can’t pick just one)!
Thanks again Nicki!