Siobhan nominated me for a sunshine award which is just lovely! I’ve got a bit of free time so I thought I’d give it a go!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
1.What are you hoping authors change or finally include in their books for 2018?
I’m looking for a genuinely platonic m/f relationship. Where they aren’t siblings. I’d say the majority of my close friends are male and I just want those friendships represented.
2. Which trope do you love/hate?
I really hate when tropes are obvious? So I don’t mind any of them per say. I just need them to be subtle enough that you don’t feel like you’re being fed some nonsense.
3. Which OTP is your favourite? Or which OTP are you hoping will sail?
Kaz and Inej maybe? I don’t really ship characters (at least I don’t think I do?) but I really wanted those two to be happy.
4. Which book of 2018 has disappointed you?
*Quietly* I wasn’t as obsessed with Cruel Prince as everyone else was…
5. Which villain would you kiss, marry, or kill?
Does Xifeng count? She’s an anti-hero? All three.
6. What would you like to see changed or fixed in the blogging community?
I feel like for the most part I surround myself with quite positive people in the community, without feeling like you’re ignoring people who are legitimately angry about things. If authors could stop attacking reviewers that would be great though…
7.Which character would you want to rewrite?
Citra from Scythe hands down. That whole character ark needed an injection of umph.
8. Which author are you dying to get a signature from?
I’m not really into signed books, I like getting them and I like meeting authors, but I’m not into them in a material sense? I guess currently I’d love to get to have a chat with Alexandra Christo because I’m obsessed with To Kill a Kingdom.
9. Do you think you should judge a book without reading it (especially if you’ve heard bad things about it)?
If that book is being called offensive by the people it is offensive to? Absolutely. I won’t write a review of it without reading it but I sure as heck won’t be keeping it on my TBR either.
10. Which books are you anticipating the most for the next few months?
How much time do you have? Obsidio is high up on my list, but I’ve got my eyes of State of Sorrow as well as some others…
11. Which characters would you love to see get in a fight? Who do you think would win?
I want to watch Mia Corvere get stabby. I adore her.
There you go! I’m not going to follow those last rules because everyone I know who would like to be tagged in this is SUPER busy at the moment and I don’t want to add to their plates! (However, if tags like this are things you like to do let me know in the comments and I’ll keep you in mind for next time!)